An optocoupler is an electronic component that uses an optical transmission medium between its input and output to form an electrically isolated circuit. Optocouplers detect input signals using light and deliver electrical signals to the output side through optical transmission.
Part number : PC817
Functions : General Purpose Photocoupler
Package : DIP 4pin
Manufacturer : Sharp Electronics
The PC817, PC81X Series contains an IRED optically coupled to a phototransistor
It is packaged in a 4pin DIP, available in wide-lead spacing option and SMT gullwing lead-form option.
Input-output isolation voltage(rms) is 5.0kV. Collector-emitter voltage is 80V(*) and CTR is 50% to 600% at input current of 5mA.
1. Input and output isolation: Forms an electrically isolated circuit with optical transmission between the input and output. This allows the input and output signals to be electrically separated, protecting them from noise, voltage fluctuations, and interference.
2. Transistor output: Detects the input signal through optical transmission, and the output side uses transistors internally to provide current or voltage output. This allows them to detect input signals and interact with other circuits or devices.
Compact Dual-in-line Package information
1. PC817 : 1-channel type
2. PC817 : 2-channel type
3. PC817 : 3-channel type
4. PC817 : 4-channel type
1. Computer terminals
2. System appliances, measuring instruments
3. Registers, copiers, automatic vending machines
4. Electric home appliances, such as fan heaters, etc.
5. Signal transmission between circuits of different potentials and impedances
6. Current transfer ratio （CTR：50%-600% at IF=5mA,VCE=5V）
7. High isolation voltage between input and output （Viso=5000V rms）
8. Creepage distance＞7.62mm
9. Pb free and ROHS compliant
10. UL/CUL Approved (File No. E340048)
1. Power supply circuits, data communication circuits
2. Switching circuits, industrial automation systems
PC817 Datasheet PDF Download
Other data sheets within the file : PC827, PC837, PC847
Related articles across the web
Information related to components
| PC817 - - Sharp |
|Transistor PC817 - 4 PIN DIP PHOTOTRANSISTOR PHOTOCOUPLER - Gme |
| PC810 High Speed Under High Load Resistance Photocoupler - Sharp |
Learn More | PDF
| PC817 - - Sharp - PDF